Saturday, June 20, 2009

Blog/Tribute to Papa

So I was supposed to write a blog about something. It was my homework...from about two weeks ago...I think. I would probably fail a blogging class...so would my sister Miki, who should be required to at least post pictures of my cute nephew niece.

My parents have come to my place for Father's Day. They are out shopping at one of my mom's favorite stores right now. I have to meet them to pick up all the stuff they are buying in a little bit.

I'll be giving a talk on Fathers tomorrow since I was one of the few who actually had "good feelings" to share about my father. That made me sad for the rest of the sisters in my branch. I want to really share something that will help them. Ever since my Papa's stroke, it's been hard to relate to him as well. I feel like I meet a different person every time. So I'm truly grateful for the good memories that I have and any of the good moments that are left to share with Papa. I've learned so much from him. I get my strong desire to do everything right from him. I've never had to doubt his love for me. He's truly left a legacy.

I also realized today while attending a friend's father's funeral, that I've been blessed with many different types of fathers. There's Larry who is always giving me dating advice. There's Brother Ebbert who is always there to give me a hug or a handshake. There was Vernon to shake his head at me when he has to tow my car yet again. There's Brother Lovett who is always interested in what I am doing and always tells me how proud he is of me. There's President Reall who teases me and gives me advice. And through all there examples, I have come to respect the Priesthood and know what to look for in the father of my children. I love my Papa, and I'm grateful for the many other examples of good men I have in my life.

2 comments:

Hokie said...

This does not get you out of the trouble you are in for not filling the "within 24" hour assignment you had on a designated topic.

PS Happy Father's day Melia's Papa

JennVan said...

Yay I found your blog!